Sunday, September 30, 2007

Time Flies...

And here I am at 10:40 on Sunday night still waiting for towels to dry. My work for tomorrow is done, and the weekend has flown by with no blogging on my part. We DID have a productive weekend though. We repaired some boards that had fallen down on our back patio cover. Finally remembered to look for hummingbird nectar, and now our feeder is in business. It is hummingbird season, and they are SO cute. Already buzzing around - and did you know they chirp?? Who knew... My clothes line came on Saturday, and Allan has it all installed. Can't wait to hang out towels - they are going to smell soooooo good. The housekeeper comes tomorrow - I'm almost giddy:) And our cats finally are doing their job. Found mouse remains in Jacob's room after church this afternoon. I suspected we had some rodent friends again, but haven't set the traps yet. I guess tomorrow I'll set some out. Ginny must be the mighty hunter, because Bob certainly isn't. Once, we heard one of the traps in the cabinet snap, we looked inside and put both Bob and the rat terrier in front of the door and opened it. The mouse got out of the trap, ran around, and both cat and dog looked at each other and refused to budge. They are definitely NOT earning their keep!

Tomorrow we have our first PTL meeting/Open House/Meet the Teacher night. I hate this stuff - enough said. Then next week, Parent Teacher Conferences for the first report card *sigh*

5 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

You don't like Meet the Teacher night/ Open House??? I kinda like it!

Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking, thank you for your kind words! When you get a moment, stop by again- I have something for you!

Constance said...

I remember when we lived in Colorado, in a rural area, the mice were very bold! They would runa long the baseboards like it was their own personal interstate system! They snubbed the mouse traps until I had no choice to put out poison. I really didin't want to have to do that becasue of the mouseys dropping dead and decaying somewhere in the house. Sure enough, one died in the register vents and we had the delectable aroma of warm, oozing mouse everytime the furnace kicked on! It was terrible!
Connie

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh constance you made my skin crawl!!!!

Caroline good luck with your housekeeper. I sure do enjoy mine!!

Special K ~Toni said...

You need to check this out::
http://guruofmyhome.blogspot.com/2007/10/bloggy-bling.html

Jules said...

Hey! Nice to see you back.

Thanks for the kind words over at my place.

I am glad you are catching the mice - they really creep me out. But to have animals that sit and watch the mice run? That's too funny! ;)

Good luck with the P-T conferences and stuff. I always felt bad for my teachers who had to tell my parents about me. I was a good student but extrememly bored. Bored = trouble!