Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm a Bit Embarrassed, But...

Today, we had our house cleaned by our new ... HOUSEKEEPER!! She did a wonderful job, but she did tell me that there was a lot she still needed to do, but she would chip away at it each week. I guess that implies that we are more tidy than clean??? And ALLAN cleaned last week, and he is an amazing cleaner. But the house smelled amazing...AND she washed the sheets from last week, and the few clothes in the hamper. WOW. She was so surprised that we had never had anyone clean for us before. It still seems like such a splurge, but will make life much easier for us with me working. Once again, don't I have the most amazing husband??? Thank you for being so good to me:)

6 comments:

mommy to six J's said...

I am thinking about getting a house keeper since our house is for sale and it is hard to keep it cleaned after 5 kids and three adults Char

Special K ~Toni said...

Wow! You are lucky! Maybe one day my hubby will spoil me like that...

Mrs. Darling said...

I've had a housekeeper for a year now. She comes in every other week. It's usually her and a helper. It takes them two hours and they really only get one floor done. My house is 3000 sq ft and every inch is lived in. They just stagger the floors and cleaning every other week.

Im happy for you. It does make a huge diff.

Mammy said...

You lucky snake. :)

Constance said...

As I run my own housecleaning business, I can tell you that I hear all the time, how nice it is to come home to a clean house! Just last Friday, the family I've been cleaning for for the past 10 years, the husband thanked me and was really kind in his words of praise. That kind of stuff goes a long way! Then there are those people who have the bad attitude of, "Oh, the cleaning lady can get that!" I could tell you stories that would make your hair curl! When I go and clean for the first time, it always takes a long time and I too, sometimes have to string it out over a couple of visits. After that though, it's strictly maintaining it and it doesn't take as long. Enjoy this little necessary indulgence! I'd get me a house keeper if I thought they could do the house to my own standards!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! Someone needs to clean my house! (On a side note: this blog looks good on you, just not on me. hee hee)