Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Step On A Crack

I finished "Step on a Crack" by James Patterson earlier in the week. This book introduces a new character, Mike Bennett, a NYC police detective. This story explored both sides of the character: his personal life, and his professional life. On the personal side, very touching...loving husband and dad to 10 adopted kids. On the professional side, he is called to negotiate with someone who has taken 34 famous people hostage in St. Patrick's Cathedral at the funeral of the former first lady. Also has 2 really interesting characters: his Grandfather, and a new au pair. Really a good read, I hope he writes more books with these characters.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a book I might just like. I will have to see if my library has it.

Alida Sharp said...

I will have to check on this one... it sounds good!

Special K ~Toni said...

I actually read this one before you! It's a first!

I liked it- but thought the ending could have been better!