Tuesday, June 5, 2007

It Seems Like It Was Only Yesterday


It seems like it was only yesterday that I was chasing this darling boy around the farm - trying to clean his face. When I close my eyes, and think of him, this is the face I see. But when I open my eyes, I see this very handsome young man standing before me. A young man who begins his very first job on Thursday. Where has the time gone? He is thrilled to have found a job for the summer, especially since he has weeks here and there where he is committed to other things and he will be out of town. He is going to be a watermelon stacker. So when you buy that melon, think of him. Because he's tall, he'll be stacking them on the top shelf. In the watermelon shed. Where it's hot and there are lots of skeeters. I might, just maybe, be a little proud of him. :)

3 comments:

Constance said...

I know exactly what you mean! My 16 year old son Charles,(he'll always be Bubbie) is growing up way too fast! This week, he's working as a "manny" for a co-worker of my husband's. This Fall, he will begin looking for a part-time job so he can start paying for gas and insurance when he begins driving. Where does the time go?
Connie

Mrs. Darling said...

I so needed this reminder of how time flies. I need to cherichs each childhood moment because they are so fleeting. What a darling baby and a handsome man!

Alida Sharp said...

wow! we brought our oldest back to America for him to go to university and he has his first job now as well!

What a great looking son you have!