Sunday, April 7, 2013

Babysitting Bud

What fun we've had this weekend.  We have had the privilege of taking care of Jacob's dog, Bud.  He is a big 75 pound lab puppy.  We love him!  Our Chihuahua --  not so much.  She might be a bit jealous.  Little bit.  Bud is a hoot and a half.  He can chew something quicker than you can blink an eye. He is not a "curl up in a little ball" sleeper.  Stretched out full body sleeper.  He is also an escape artist.  Yep...found his way out of the fence - not just once, but twice.  We did some reinforcing of the fence and it seems to have held him.  He slept in the bed with us last night...I had about 1/4 of the bed for sleeping.  On the plus side, I'll sleep great tonight.  Jacob should be back for supper, but I'll miss our "little" grand-dog when they go home.


On another note, Allan directed me to another great essay this week.  This one was about the benefits of marrying young.  I was very interested in reading this because we married at 21.  I have always thought it was the best thing to marry young.  I have loved each and every minute of our lives together.  I love that we knew nothing about anything when we took our vows, but learned everything together.  Was it easy?  Of course not!  Was there many times of struggle?  Absolutely!  I look at where we are today, not just financially, but as a couple, and I am so happy that we built this together.  We grew together.  We accomplished things together.  We made a plan and worked it together. I think we would have missed out on so much had we waited until we had everything established individually.  How do you combine two accomplished individuals into a couple that works as a team?  I'm not sure.  All I know is I would not change a minute of my life with Allan.

No comments: