Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Tasty Week

I almost always have an appreciating audience when it comes to dinner-time.  This was an especially tasty week however.  Jacob was over for dinner more than usual, so you know I had some good menus.  On Monday, I made chicken fried chicken thighs, collard greens, mashed potatoes and gravy.  The cheers rang out!  Wednesday, I made ribs baked in the oven and fried the first of our summer squash along with some breaded okra.  I can't WAIT for a summer of fried squash...Yum-my!  I am so thankful for my husband with the green thumb.  I love cooking things that he has grown.  You should see the tomatoes that are on his plants!  Every day I ask him if there are any with a pinkish hue yet.  Tonight I seared some lamb arm steaks and fried more squash and zucchini.  We love the lamb steaks - I stumbled upon them before Easter.  They are super inexpensive and so tasty...we have them once a week.  If I hadn't slept through dinner time last night, it would have been a totally successful week of dinner menus.

I have parent conferences this week...not my favorite week of the year.  We completed our standardized tests last week and I have scored them and now to conference with the parents.  I am always a touch disappointed in how the students perform on these.  But in all honesty, they do reflect fairly honestly what kind of student they are.  But no parent wants to hear, "Your child is right on grade level."  They want to hear that they are super advanced.  Plus we have to ask if their child is returning to our school next year.  Always hold my breath on that one!  I suspect I may have a few not returning...they are such great kids, I hate to lose any of them.

Until next week, have a good one.  If anyone is reading, I'd love a comment!!

1 comment:

Allan Eckert said...

Your meals are ALWAYS great and Jacob and I are blessed every time we sit down at the table!