Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day

This has been a fairly good Martin Luther King day.  If only Allan had been here to spend the day with it would have been perfect.

After seeing Allan off on his Circuit Counselors conference, I started my weekly cleaning (which I had no time to do on Saturday ).  Jacob and I had lunch together which was a nice treat.  I worked on my 2010 scrapbooking - completed October and have a start on November.  Two friends came over for dinner - chili and cornbread - and we talked wedding talk - Lizz is getting married in September.  Lastly, I've become totally stuck on 24.  Sarah was right.  I've watched the first three episodes and am having to force myself to go to bed.  Pretty good TV.  I have to stop after three and then talk Allan into watching because I think he'd really like it as well.

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich.  I finished reading this book last night.  It is supposed to be the first in a new series by Ms. Evanovich.  The main character, Deisel, has appeared in the previous between-the-numbers Stephanie Plum novels.  This time he teams up with a great character named Lizzy.  She is a master cupcake baker.  Her circle of wacky friends works in the bakery with her.  All in all a good read...maybe not quite as funny as the Stephanie Plum books, but certainly has potential.

No comments: