Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday

What a day!  Could I have used a Monday off from work??  YES!  I awoke with a start with the alarm at 5:30 remembering that it was my turn to read a devotion at our staff meeting.  BLAST!  So...blind without my glasses I stumbled to the computer and searched for a Holy Week devotion.  Found one after a bit that I thought was pretty good - a tad long but not too much so.  Then realized while driving to work that it was the first day of the next grading period - I of course had not prepared new folders - not even printing out the pages that go in the folder - 0 - ZERO prep.  I had not typed up the students "My family is special because..." paragraphs for the newsletter.  I hadn't completed my lesson plans.  No parent letter.  Zero, zip, nada.  Totally unprepared.  But somehow I fit it all in and ended the day with everything pretty much how it should be.

So happy to arrive home, I threw together some cheese enchiladas and Mexican rice for dinner.  On a whim, we went to the movies!  All three of us.  Went to see Arthur.  Jacob and I really liked it, Allan declared it "Fair."  Yes, I know I have report cards to send home Wednesday.  Yes, the grades are not even averaged yet.  But there is always tomorrow.  The sun will come out tomorrow - at least that's what I'm told.

No comments: