Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break Part 2

Thursday is drawing to an end...my week almost complete. It has been a wonderful week, and frankly, even though there are only 10 weeks left, am not ready to go back to school. Totally in summer mode. Not a good sign.

I had a great St. Patty's day yesterday. Look here for a short history of St. Patrick. I ran some errands, cooked dessert and soup for church last night. I got in a short time to soak up some vitamin D, and finished this book:

"Blood Game" by Iris Johansen. I always enjoy her Eve Duncan books and this was no exception. It has been quite a while since I read the last one and this refers back to that book quite a bit. As always the story centers around Eve, Joe, Jane and their search for Eve's daughter's body. This book has a big paranormal...ghost...element to it. Also a character named Seth Caleb that seems familiar...must have shown up in another of her books...she likes to do that. It was a really good read, even if it did take me like 3 weeks to read it. Next up...Open Season by C. J. Box.

Finished off the day with a terrific soup dinner at church followed by another awesome Lenten service led by my favorite pastor. Voter's Meeting followed that. Seeing as how I am not a voter, several members thought that we should have our own voters meeting at the parsonage, which we did. Us girls had a great time with their kids, with Allan joining us after the meeting adjourned . A fun end to the day.

Today was a great day. I cleaned the kitchen...top to bottom...mopped the last of the floors. Then the three of us had lunch at Chili's. Then Allan and I went to Wally world and bought this. All I can say is WOW - do I ever love this vacuum! CanNOT believe what a great job it did. And EASY to push. love love LOVE it.

Short little cat nap, followed by the most amazing brats grilled outside by the most amazing grill-master (Allan of course) Served with Sour Kraut, potato salad, rye bread and pickles. Yummy. Then college basketball. Couldn't be better -unless my bracket wasn't already looking so bad:(

No comments: