Monday, August 6, 2007

In Over My Head

I went today to check out my classroom for the upcoming school year. Boy-o-boy am I overwhelmed. I'm teaching 2nd-3rd grade for the first time. New classroom. Big mess! Everything is in a big heap in the center of the room since they move everything out to clean and wax the floors. I have no clue how to arrange all this stuff that I've never used. I really need to calm down. Plus, it's been so wet and humid this summer, that mold has grown on almost everything. So tomorrow, I'm taking my son the reluctant helper, a bucket of rags, pledge, Clorox, the shopvac, and my aching back and returning to the room to clean and put things in their places (if I can figure out where that would be!) I may take some before pictures to match up after all is clean and decorated. I've forgotten how stressful this time of the school year is. *BIG sigh*

6 comments:

mommy to six J's said...

can't wait to see the before and afterpictures. that mess seems like a lot of fun be creative,Char

Mrs. Darling said...

Yeah, do post pics! I remember the thrill of September when I used to teach in a classroom. I miss that!

Jules said...

Good luck!!

Special K ~Toni said...

I am counting down the days until my boys return to school- do teachers start counting the days until Christmas vacation?

Caroline said...

Toni -
Yes, we do:)

Anonymous said...

I think Toni should know that I'm counting down the days until Labor Day! hee hee! Best of luck this year! We'll have to share horror stories!