Saturday, August 11, 2007

Classroom and Life Update















OK, here they are, the before pictures. Piles and piles of things that I don't know what they are, or where they should go. I took Jacob and his friend Zach on Tuesday to move all the heavy things around. (Zach had some good suggestions for where things should go) Zach hooked up the computers, and both boys cleaned the bottoms of the desks with bleach and set them up in groups of 2. I have worked all week (except for Thursday - we had a funeral which took up most of the day). I'm pleased with where I am, but not nearly ready. And of course, I've not even begun to look at the actual books and plan anything yet *yikes*. I have thrown away LOTS of - yes I'll say it - JUNK. It seems that every teacher who has used this room brought every bit of educational things they owned, and then felt the need to leave it for the next people. Do I need a filing cabinet full of memeograph materials?? (I don't even know how to spell that, much less use it!)

I came home yesterday afternoon to a house full of teenagers. Jacob and 5 friends were hanging out around the computer. We grilled some steaks, new potatoes w/rosemary, tomatoes, corn w/lime & cayenne with ice cream for desert. Also watched Disturbia with them. Really good movie...scary and funny and suspenseful, but nothing horribly gross. Jacob said it was too scary for me, but I liked it (It's no Rear Window, but pretty good for a teen version).

Today I've been busy catching up on the weeks chores...between working each day, and the added work of the funeral, all chores since Tuesday have been put on the back burner. Three more loads of laundry, and I'll be totally caught up, hopefully to stay on schedule next week.

I'll post my after pictures when the room is complete!

6 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Looks like you have tons of work to do. One wonders why none of the other teachers got rid of the stuff when it was their year. Maybe they were afraid to. It takes an experienced teacher like you to come in and just take charge, it appears. Good for you!

Mammy said...

You've got your hands full getting that classroom ready. But it will be worth it when you get it all done.

Isn't that a nice feeling, when you take on such a huge task and you get done?

Alida Sharp said...

looks like you have your hands full!!!

Special K ~Toni said...

Eight days to go! YAY! How great that you had two helpers!

Next time you cook like that, call me, I will head over!

Constance said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm really trying to catch up on everyone's goings-ons and it is a tad overwhelming!

We saw The Bourne Ultimatum last Monday night (we got back to Texas Monday morning). I REALLY enjoyed it! Sat night, we went and saw "The Invasion". It's kind of remake of a remake of the Body Snatcher movies. It was pretty good, suspenseful but we won't end up buying it.

If you ever come to Ft Worth again, let me know and I'll meet you at Cabela's! We were there on Sat morning, the place was pretty busy for that early in the AM (a big Boy Scout Rally & Tax-Free day!) The little restaurant inside has Bison Bratwurst that are yummy!

Good Luck with getting your room all ready! I'm amazed you even have to time to blog with a job like that before you!

Connie

Jules said...

I'm anxious to see the after pictures of the classroom. I am hoping that you were able to get everything done that you wanted to. Getting ready for a new school year can be overwhelming.