Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Days

That's right...you read it correctly...snow days in South Texas!  Unfortunately for the child that I am inside, there was no snow.  Only a little ice.  Not even sleet that you could scoop up and throw at someone.  Sigh.
Ice on the old oak tree

Check out those monster icicles

Palm leaves
That was about it for our winter storm of 2011.

But even though I didn't have actual snow to play in on my snow days, they were still a blast.  We went out for breakfast both days (plus this morning!)  Thursday went to see a movie:  The Mechanic.  This was, as my dad would have said, a womp stomper.  Lots of silly action.  But all in all a fun movie.  Worth the $6 we paid to see it.

Friday, we spent the day in Corpus.  Saw TWO movies in the big city theater.  First was The King's Speech.  Wow!  Great movie about a great king.  Excellent in every way.  And fun seeing the three Harry Potter cast members in something different.  Worth every penny of the $10 we paid.  The seats were super comfortable and even rocked.  Nice.

Then, a quick lunch at Rudy's Bar-b-que which was delicious.

Finally, Black Swan.  ICK.  Didn't like it - at- all!  I didn't really know much about this movie going in, and I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that.  Very disturbing movie.  I guess it was well acted and all, but did NOT like it.  I'd like to have the $15.50  back on this one.

So, now we've seen half of the Oscar nominated movies.  Still would love to see Toy Story 3.  Maybe renting it next week?

House is clean, clothes almost all clean and put away, big pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup in the fridge to reheat, and my Kindle awaits me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pastors' wives experience unique struggles and challenges that few others can understand, or appreciate. The new book, "The Runaway Pastor's Wife", takes a look, with an inside perspective, at one such pastor's wife and her struggles.